Saturday 8 August 2009

Books.

Book-book-bookity-book-Books.

It's Mercutio.

Before my inner geek starts talking about books, can i just say how cool a name 'Mercutio' is? It's such a cool name. It's intriguing, and unusual. I wish it was my real name. Could i get it changed? Is that legally allowed? I'm sure it is. Another thing to do before i die.

Anyways, lets talk about books. I stopped reading books as much a couple of months ago. I don't know why. I think it was probably because i was going to bed later than usual, therefore didn't have as much time to read. But anyway, i have started reading again. I just love reading. It lets you forget about any problems you may or may not have, and take off into a different world. I especially love it when you find a book which you just cannot put down. Sometimes when I'm reading a really good book, i wish time would just stop, so i could sit there and read and read and read, all day and all of the night.

So recently i have been reading lots of Nick Hornby. And his books tend to stick to more of a style that is blunt and complete reality. So far i have read 'Long way down' and 'Slam!'. Both were very interesting, very compelling reads. One was about the reality of teenage pregnancy and the other about suicidal feelings. But despite both having a good story line, and being very well written, they were both anti-climaxes. I mean, the endings were just about satisfying enough, but neither had a real punch-line, or a real kick at the end of it. In a way, despite having completely different storyline, you could say that they ended in the same sort of way as each other, in the same sort of style. In my opinion, 'A long way down' was the better of the two, as it was interesting, different and very thought provoking. But next i am going to read 'About a boy', probably his most famous novel, seeming as it has been made into a successful film. Hopefully this won't be an anti climax like the previous two i read.

But the Harry Potter series are my favourite books, as they are superbly written, and wonderfully imaginative. But i shall leave you with that thought. Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment